The 6th annual Ache Around the Lake or "The Ache" as it is commonly known around here is happening this Sat., Sept. 24th at scenic Lake Lanier in the Tryon/Landrum area. Great community event that welcomes runners, walkers, leashed dogs, and jog strollers to cover 4.97 miles (USATF-certified 8K) of fast hills. There is also a less challenging "Ouch" 2-mile fun run. Registration is still open online at www.strictlyrunning.com. Cost is $25 (either race).
* Hand-sculpted awards by local artists Alex Trumble of Screaming Horse Iron Works and Mimi Pospisil will be given to OA, Masters, AG (3 deep) - Ache only.
* $100 Doggie Gift basket donated by Bonnie Brae Veterinary Hospital to fastest pooch-person team for the 8K
* Homemade cookies baked by members of the Congregational Church of Tryon
* Millard & Co. Challenge: $250 Cash Prize for whomever breaks course record
* Registration is at 6:30 am - 7:30 am in the parking lot across from the Lake Lanier entrance on Hwy 176 in Tryon, NC.
For more information, visit Ache Around the Lake.