Don't forget--we have a great running clinic on Tuesday evening at 7:00 p.m. The cost will be $10 per person... BUT, if you register for our Half Marathon before the clinic it will be free! Please take advantage of this offer!
For more information about the event, please visit us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/events/439527442735640/
Monday, July 30, 2012
Sunday, July 22, 2012
We've been busy at TRC this summer! If you haven't checked in with us here recently or on our Facebook page, here are the highlights:
- We joined RRCA and are now a nonprofit running club. We are still taking new members for the 2012 year and thought it best to keep membership open until our first clinic on July 31. Benefits of membership include discounts on club sponsored events (including the Tryon Half Marathon).
- You can find us online with our new URL: www.tryonrunningclub.com or you can still use the old blogspot address to find us here.
- Our Facebook page is mainly a way to communicate with members and also a message board for members and nonmembers to set up their own runs. Please post and help motivate your fellow runners to get out there!
- TRC has put together a Clinic Series that includes the following:
- July 31(Tuesday) - Running Clinic with Endurance and Triathlete Coach Katie Malone. Coach Katie will focus on running form (new techniques!), beginner basics, and tips for building up to a half marathon. There is something for everyone. The cost will be $10 per person... BUT, if you register for TRC's Half Marathon before the clinic, it will be free!
- Mid-August - Nutrition & Stretching with John and Diane Cash of Nature's Storehouse. Stay tuned for more details.
- October - Injury Prevention by Pro PT.
- Beginner's Group: We've started a Saturday morning group focused on beginners, new runners and even seasoned runners who have taken time off. We're building using the Jeff Galloway method of run-walk intervals. Next Saturday's (July 28) Run will start at 8:00 a.m. at Morgan Chapel Road to be mostly done on River Road (flat and dirt/gravel - soft!). Park at Morgan Chapel Church on Hunting Country Rd. Contact email@example.com for more information. We'll run-walk for a total time of 40 minutes.
- Though not a TRC event, as a club, we always train for local races. The 7th Annual Ache Around the Lake 8K and 2-Mile Ouch will be held on Saturday, September 22 at Lake Lanier. We'll be starting training runs for that soon. Stay tuned!
- TRC is organizing its first race on November 17, 2012: Tryon Half Marathon. This 13.1 mile out-and-back course will offer the beauty of the mountains without the elevation! This course is flat and mostly on soft dirt/packed gravel and begins at Harmon Field. Registration is open online at www.strictlyrunning.com and more official information will be coming out in the next couple of weeks. Please see our race page for more details.