Pages

Saturday, March 3, 2012

The Most Meaningful Runs

In between runs, when I'm going about daily life in my car, making my way hurriedly from point A to point B on the roads I pound with my Asics, I often think back to this run or that run. The most memorable runs, it seems, are not races. Those runs that evoke quiet laughter or accomplishment or friendship were usually confined to an ordinary day when I did a memorable thing. I either conquered a hill without walking or I ran with a friend that I needed that day or I donned reflective gear and a watch to put my all into a training run that would prepare me for race day.


Our running club members have logged many memorable runs in the last few years. Some we've shared together. Some we've run alone with texts and Facebook messages greeting us afterward telling us "way to go!" Take a moment to think about why you run with us. Yes, races and Age Group wins and Overalls are amazing moments in our lives that prove to ourselves that we can push and do anything we put our minds to, but social runs and training runs are sometimes the ones that make our hearts smile and push us to lace up our shoes on days that we'd rather forget.

Please join us for a run soon!

Scarlette

No comments:

Post a Comment